Vancouver Public School Levy Facts
Key points on the replacement Maintenance & Operation levy and the Technology levy
1. This is a replacement levy for maintenance and operations (M&O). The current levy expires in 2013.
2. The proposed levy will maintain basic programs and services for Vancouver Public Schools.
3. The levy will provide local funding for our schools for three years—2014, 2015 and 2016.
4. The levy pays for teachers and support staff.
5. Levy dollars buy classroom supplies, textbooks, software and equipment.
6. Classroom programs and extracurricular and intramural activities depend on the levy.
7. The levy funds services—maintenance of buildings and grounds, safety and security, transportation, utilities, insurance, and fuel.
1. This is a technology levy to support technology in Vancouver Public Schools.
2. The proposed levy will upgrade computers and provide technology tools for all students.
3. The levy will pay for one-on-one mobile solutions, such as laptops and computer tablets.
4. The levy will pay for standard classroom equipment, such as interactive whiteboards, projectors, document cameras, and amplification systems.
5. Student computer labs will be upgraded.
6. The technology levy will support teacher training.
7. The technology levy will provide local funding for six years—2014 through 2019.