1. This is a replacement levy for maintenance and operations (M&O). The current levy expires in 2016.
2. The proposed levy will maintain basic programs and services for Vancouver Public Schools.
3. The levy will provide local funding for our schools for three years—2017, 2018 and 2019.
4. The levy pays for teachers and support staff.
5. Levy dollars buy classroom supplies, textbooks, software and equipment.
6. Classroom programs and extracurricular and intramural activities depend on the levy.
7. The levy funds services—maintenance of buildings and grounds, safety and security, utilities, insurance and fuel.
Ballots must be postmarked by Feb. 9, or dropped at one of the following locations on Tuesday, Feb. 9.
24-hour ballot drop box, center of 14th Street, between Franklin and Esther streets. Ballots must be dropped off by 8 p.m. on election night.
Elections Office, 1408 Franklin Street, hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Voters also may drop off ballots on election day only at several different drop-off locations (no postage required):
Sarah J. Anderson Elementary School, 2215 NE 104th Street
Chinook Elementary School, 1900 NW Bliss Road
Felida Elementary School, 2700 NW 119th Street
Hazel Dell Elementary School, 511 NE Anderson Road
Martin Luther King Elementary School, 4801 Idaho Street
Lincoln Elementary School, 4200 Daniels Street
Minnehaha Elementary School, 2800 NE 54th Street
Roosevelt Elementary School, 2921 Falk Road
Salmon Creek Elementary School, 1601 NE 129th Street
Walnut Grove Elementary School, 6103 NE 72nd Avenue