Vancouver Public School Levy Facts
Key points on the replacement Maintenance & Operations Levy
1. This is a replacement levy for maintenance and operations (M&O). The current levy expires in 2016.
2. The proposed levy will maintain basic programs and services for Vancouver Public Schools.
3. The levy will provide local funding for our schools for three years—2017, 2018 and 2019.
4. The levy pays for teachers and support staff.
5. Levy dollars buy classroom supplies, textbooks, software and equipment.
6. Classroom programs and extracurricular and intramural activities depend on the levy.
7. The levy funds services—maintenance of buildings and grounds, safety and security, utilities, insurance and fuel.